Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
Technical Support Specialist
Wood Dale, IL
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Provide technical phone support for the installation, maintenance, and repair services to client's customers, reps, distributors, and service partners.
- Identify parts needed for repairs and initiate parts orders.
- Initiate service orders for customers requiring on-site repairs.
- Diagnose and repair of returned equipment with unique / complex problems.
- Create reports, diagrams, and other documentation to illustrate product issues / failures and suggested improvements as part of the QA process.
- Perform testing of new products / services to identify best practices and document proper installation and repair techniques.
- Determine the most cost-effective solution for warranty costs and customer needs.
- Communicate with international manufacturing facilities to provide accurate and detailed information to Panasonic's customers as required.
- Prepare reports with Microsoft office or other software suites as needed.
- Follow compliance guidelines.
- Support the department in training of service providers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- College, vocational school degree preferred (electronics, BMET, or refrigeration)
- Minimum 3-5 years in experience in biomedical equipment repair or similar field experience.
- Refrigeration repair experience (Cascade/Ultra-low refrigeration experience preferred), electronics repair experience and or laboratory equipment repair required.
- Ability to listen, communicate (written and verbal), and follow up effectively with internal and external communications (email, phone calls and so on.)
- Ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking and writing so others will understand.
- Ability to work in team-oriented environment.
- Ability to work independently in a time sensitive environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload, multi-task, adapts quickly to change, and deliver under the pressure of deadlines.
- Most time is spent in general office conditions.
- Technical Support Specialists may have to work in the following: client's service shop, research laboratories, industrial settings, hospitals, pharmacies and other biomedical/ life science facilities.
- The service shop can expose the Technical Support Specialist to chemicals including oils, refrigerants, solvents, medical grade gases, noise, large moving equipment and aerosols. This space is typically environmentally controlled but, in some cases, work needs to be done in the warehouse which can be cold, hot or humid.
- The other sites of work can include the use of hair nets, gloves, surgical masks, cleanroom suit (bunny suit), and other personal protective equipment as seen fit by the site's protocols.
- Some travel, on average 10%.
- Sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Lifting up to 75lbs
Full benefits and 401k