Bradley-Morris offers exclusive career opportunities to professionals with U.S. military experience only. If your earliest start date is within 90 days and you meet the requirements listed in the job description, please apply. Want to skip the search? Fill out a profile and our team will send you the jobs that are the best match via email or text.
Distribution Center Supervisor
Patterson, CA US
Although this role is the beginning point for a career within the company, this is not the end. This role is a common entry point for leaders to develop their knowledge and grow into more complex roles that require higher levels of responsibility on a national basis. This path can also grow you into more corporate positions for the company as well. Be sure to ask about one of our alumni who is still growing with the company almost 20 years later into their career. How many companies do you know can say that?
You will provide leadership and supervision to distribution team members within a specific functional area and/or process. You will support other managers to ensure timely, accurate product receipt, order fulfillment, and the optimization of resources and processes. You will manage team members to ensure compliance with policies/procedures, process improvement, and drive team member initiatives to create and promote an environment where team members are engaged and committed to the success of the Company thereby negating the need for third-party representation.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Supervise the daily operations in the functional area and lead team members until the work is complete for the day
- Maintain, refine and/or improve processes within the area to meet customer requirements which include deadlines and quality standards
- Manage day to day scheduling, staffing, material management, compliance, training, and auditing activities
- Provide a positive and engaging working environment focusing on the metrics including housekeeping standards are developed into daily processes
- Emphasize safety and quality commitments for the department and ensure 100% compliance with the department's processes and procedures
- Have in depth understanding of the department's DC processes and functions
- Identify key variables that influence the workflow process and develop and implement departmental changes enhancing workflow optimization
- Develop and implement performance measurements and internal auditing processes to routinely evaluate operations efficiency and quality
- Ensure compliance with Company, OSHA, DOT, EPA regulations with emphasis on HazMat, and PIE requirements
- Certify the handling/shipping of hazardous materials follow government regulations and company policies
- Verify appropriate training for team members within the department
Base salary plus targeted 5% bonus, with company 401k match. Medical/dental/vision.